The Loudoun CAC is a public/private partnership among Loudoun County agencies and organizations dedicated to child victims of abuse and/or neglect.
It is the mission of the Loudoun CAC to support the continued development and implementation of a child-centered approach when investigating cases of child abuse and neglect.
The goals of the Loudoun CAC, which are similar to the national CAC model, include:
- To provide a child-friendly, safe and neutral location in which law enforcement and child protective services may conduct child interviews;
- To minimize the number of interviews the child is involved in by bringing all disciplines together and sharing information more efficiently;
- To enhance communication and collaboration among all agencies involved;
- To provide the child and non-offending family members referrals to other supportive services; and
- To enhance the current system to enable an increase in the number of successful prosecutions of child physical and sexual abuse cases.